Calling and texting friends and family on other networks in Pakistan can get expensive with standard mobile plans. Thankfully, cellular providers like Ufone, Jazz, Telenor and Zong offer affordable “other network” packages to make communicating across networks simpler.
This guide will explore the top other network packages available from major Pakistani carriers in 2023. I’ll provide an overview of calling, SMS and mobile internet bundles offered by Ufone, Jazz, Telenor and Zong specifically for contacting other networks.
Overview of Major Pakistani Cellular Carriers
Pakistan has several major cellular carriers that offer prepaid and postpaid mobile plans. Here’s a quick introduction to the big four networks:
Ufone – Ufone is owned by Pakistan Telecommunication Company Limited (PTCL) and has over 21 million subscribers. It offers 2G, 3G and 4G coverage.
Jazz – Formerly Mobilink, Jazz is owned by Veon, a Dutch telecom company. It’s the largest cell provider in Pakistan with over 56 million users. Jazz provides 2G, 3G, 4G and basic 5G.
Telenor – Telenor is a Norwegian telecom company that serves over 48 million customers in Pakistan. Its network includes 2G, 3G and 4G connectivity.
Zong – Zong is owned by China Mobile and has over 30 million subscribers. It offers 2G, 3G, 4G and trial 5G services.
Below I’ll outline popular calling, messaging and mobile data packages these four networks offer specifically for contacting friends and family on other networks in Pakistan.
Ufone Other Network Packages
Here are some of the best Ufone packages for calling and texting other networks in 2023:
Ufone Economy Call Packages
Daily Economy Call Package – This package offers 120 on-net minutes and 15 off-net minutes to all networks between 2am-2pm for Rs 10. Validity is one day.
Weekly Economy Call Package – Get 350 on-net minutes and 100 minutes to call all other networks for Rs 35 per week.
Monthly Economy Call Package – For Rs 130 per month you get 1300 on-net minutes and 400 off-net minutes usable between 2am-2pm daily.
Ufone SMS Bundles
Daily SMS Bundle – 100 SMS to any other network for Rs 5. Valid for one day.
3-Day SMS Pack – 300 SMS to use on any network for Rs 15. Valid for 3 days.
Weekly SMS Pack – 600 SMS to other networks for Rs 30. Valid for 7 days.
Monthly SMS Pack – 3000 SMS to any network for Rs 110. Valid for 30 days.
Ufone Other Network Mobile Internet
Daily Internet Bundle – 250MBs data for all networks, valid for one day. Costs Rs 12.
3-Day Internet Pack – 1GB mobile data for Rs 35, valid for 3 days.
Weekly Internet Pack – 3GB mobile internet for Rs 75, valid for 7 days.
Monthly Internet Pack – 12GB data for Rs 250, valid for 30 days.
Jazz Other Network Packages
Here are some popular Jazz bundles and deals for contacting other networks:
Jazz Calling Packages
Daily Call Pack – 25 minutes to any network from 2am-2pm for Rs 6.
Weekly Call Pack – 150 minutes to other networks for Rs 25, valid for 7 days.
Monthly Call Pack – 600 minutes for calling all networks for Rs 99, valid for 30 days.
6AM-6PM Offer – Unlocked minute bundle with special rates from 6am-6pm. Low flat rates to call other networks all day.
Jazz SMS Deals
Daily SMS Bundle – 100 SMS to any network for Rs 5, valid one day.
3-Day SMS Pack – 300 SMS to use on any network for Rs 15, valid for 3 days.
Weekly SMS Pack – 600 SMS for Rs 30, valid for 7 days.
Monthly SMS Offer – 3000 SMS to use on any network for Rs 110, valid for 30 days.
Jazz Other Network Mobile Internet
Daily Volume Offer – 250MB mobile data for Rs 15, valid for one day on any network.
3-Day Data Offer – 1GB data for Rs 35, valid for 3 days for use on any network.
Weekly Data Offer – 3GB mobile internet for Rs 75, valid for one week on all networks.
Monthly Data Offer – 12GB data for Rs 250, valid for 30 days for use on all networks.
Telenor Other Network Deals
Telenor offers the following plans and bundles for contacting other networks in Pakistan:
Telenor Calling Packages
Daily Call Bundle – 25 minutes for calling all networks from 1am-9am at Rs 5. Valid for one day.
3-Day Call Pack – 100 minutes to call all networks for Rs 18, valid for 3 days.
Weekly Call Offer – 300 minutes for calling all networks at Rs 50. Valid for 7 days.
Monthly Call Pack – 1200 minutes for calling all networks at Rs 175. Valid for 30 days.
Telenor SMS Deals
Daily SMS Pack – 100 SMS for Rs 5 to use for other networks. Valid for one day.
Weekly SMS Offer – 600 SMS for Rs 30, valid for 7 days on all networks.
Monthly SMS Bundle – 3000 SMS for Rs 110, valid for 30 days on all networks.
Telenor Other Network Mobile Internet
Daily Data Offer – 150MB mobile data for Rs 10, valid for one day on other networks.
Weekly Data Bundle – 1GB data for Rs 60, valid for 7 days on all networks.
Monthly Data Offer – 4GB mobile internet for Rs 225, valid for 30 days on all networks.
Zong Other Network Packages
Zong provides these plans for contacting other mobile networks in 2023:
Zong Calling Deals
Daily Call Offer – 20 minutes from 1am-9am at Rs 4 to call all networks. Valid for one day.
Weekly Call Bundle – 100 calling minutes for Rs 25 to call all networks, valid for 7 days.
Monthly Calling Offer – 400 minutes for Rs 80. Valid for 30 days on all networks.
Zong SMS Packages
Daily SMS Pack – 100 SMS to any network for Rs 5. Valid for one day.
Weekly SMS Offer – 300 SMS for Rs 15, valid for 7 days on other networks.
Monthly SMS Deal – 1000 SMS for Rs 40, valid for 30 days on all networks.
Zong Other Network Mobile Internet
Daily Data Bundle – 50MB for Rs 6, valid for one day on other networks.
Weekly Internet Offer – 500MB for Rs 35, valid for 7 days on all networks.
Monthly Internet Offer – 1.5GB data for Rs 125, valid for 30 days on other networks.
Tips for Saving on Other Network Calls & SMS
Beyond taking advantage of special packages outlined above, there are some other tricks you can use to save money when contacting other networks in Pakistan:
- Use mobile apps like WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, Viber or IMO for free calls and messages over mobile data or WiFi.
- Make calls during off-peak hours when rates are lower, usually late at night or early morning.
- Send SMS texts which cost less than making voice calls.
- Purchase top up cards or use mobile load to activate plans rather than paying full monthly plan fees.
- Switch temporarily to the network your friend or family member uses if you call them frequently.
- Use online recharge services to get discounts on reloads used towards packages.
The Best Deal for Calling & Texting Other Networks
So which Pakistani mobile carrier offers the best deals for contacting other networks? Here is a quick comparison:
- Ufone provides the most minutes for calling other networks on monthly plans up to 400 minutes. It also offers strong SMS bundles.
- Jazz allows unlimited minutes during off-peak 6am-6pm timings. Decent SMS and data deals.
- Telenor gives a good balance of call minutes, SMS texts and mobile data across its bundles.
- Zong has budget daily packages but smaller allowances for calling, SMS and data on weekly/monthly plans.
Overall, Ufone and Telenor tend to offer the most competitive other network packages while Jazz provides flexibility with all day unrestricted calling times. Pick the operator that best aligns with your usage needs.
Use Affordable Other Network Plans to Stay Connected
Connecting with friends and family on different mobile networks in Pakistan doesn’t have to be costly. Ufone, Jazz, Telenor and Zong provide a range of affordable call minutes, SMS bundles and mobile data packages specifically for contacting other networks.
Review the options outlined above and select a suitable daily, weekly or monthly package to save money calling and texting across networks. With the right other network plan, you can affordably stay in touch on Ufone, Jazz, Telenor or Zong without worrying about large phone bills.
Comparing Prepaid vs Postpaid Other Network Plans
When selecting an other network package from Ufone, Jazz, Telenor or Zong, you’ll need to decide between prepaid and postpaid options. Here’s an overview of the key differences:
Prepaid Other Network Plans
Prepaid plans for calling other networks require purchasing bundles in advance. Some benefits include:
- No contracts or credit checks. Prepaid is more flexible.
- Ability to control spending by only paying for what you need.
- Plans can be changed or discontinued anytime without fees.
- Top up cards and mobile reloads make adding credit easy.
The downside is prepaid bundles expire, requiring constant recharging. But for convenience and budgeting, prepaid can beideal for other network packages.
Postpaid Other Network Plans
Postpaid other network plans charge you monthly after usage. Benefits include:
- No need to recharge bundles that expire. Ongoing access.
- Plans come with allowance amounts that reset monthly.
- Additional minutes or texts often deducted from your bill.
- Contract provides same rate every month.
The tradeoff is postpaid has credit checks, deposits, service commitments and late fees that prepaid does not. But it offers predictable billing.
Overall both options have advantages. Prepaid offers control while postpaid provides ongoing access. Assess your needs to determine which works best.
Tips for Managing Your Other Network Usage
It’s easy to go over your allowance on other network plans if you’re not careful. Here are some tips to help stay within bundle amounts each month:
- Track your talk time, texts and data usage through your provider app or online account.
- Set mobile alerts to notify you when bundle amounts reach 50%, 75%, 90% etc.
- Note monthly expiration dates and set reminders to renew packages.
- Limit extra usage by putting essential contacts on your own network.
- Use WiFi calling and messaging apps once allowance is reached.
- Change to a package with higher allowances if you’re running out.
- Avoid going out of bundle unless an emergency since overage rates are expensive.
Monitoring your usage and adjusting plans accordingly will help avoid costly overages when using other network packages.
Assessing Your Other Network Needs
Choosing the right other network plan requires understanding your unique requirements:
- Who will you call or text most frequently on other networks?
- When during the day or month do you contact other networks the most?
- Do you require more calling minutes, texts or mobile data in bundles?
- Are you willing to shift usage to off-peak times for better rates?
- How can you leverage apps to conserve bundle amounts?
By considering who you call, when, for what purpose and how often, you can determine ideal bundle sizes and pick a provider offering the best rates.
Analyzing your specific other network usage will ensure you select the optimal packages for your needs and budget. Don’t overpay for plans exceeding your requirements.
Here are some additional headings and paragraphs to further expand the article:
Getting Support for Other Network Packages
Once you’ve chosen an other network plan, your cellular provider offers resources to help manage the service:
Provider Customer Service
You can get assistance via the customer service number listed on your provider’s website. Some options they can help with:
- Answering questions about plan details or features
- Helping activate, change or renew your package
- Troubleshooting issues with calling, texts or data
- Providing account info like usage or billing details
- Submitting requests for plan changes or upgrades
Having customer service on hand makes it easy to get personalized support.
Carrier Technical Support
If you experience technical issues like dropped calls or spotty connections when contacting other networks, providers have dedicated technical teams to help.
They can run diagnostics, check area network coverage, reset device connections and optimize service for improved reliability.
Don’t hesitate to contact tech support for troubleshooting service problems to your other network plan.
Online Account Management
Providers also offer online account management via their website or mobile app. This allows you to:
- Review plan details and usage in real-time
- Change plans or renew bundles yourself online
- Set usage alerts and notifications
- Make payments through an online portal or app
Leveraging self-service account tools enables you to instantly access info and make changes anytime.
Other Network Package Options by Carrier
Each mobile carrier structures and markets their other network plans a bit differently. Here are some of the unique options from each provider:
Ufone Dosti Packages
Ufone brands its off-net plans as “Dosti” packages. You can select add-on bundles tailored to your usage:
- Dosti SMS Pack – Affordable SMS to other networks
- Dosti Minutes Pack – Out of network talk time
- Dosti Mobile Internet – Shared data for other networks
Mix and match the exact addons you need each month.
Jazz Unlimited Off-Net Offer
A unique Jazz perk is unlimited off-net minutes from 6am to 6pm. All calls to other local networks are covered during these times.
You get protection from overages for a major part of the day when usage is higher.
Telenor Number Share Plans
Telenor Number Share allows sharing your main bundle amounts with an additional SIM card.
Rather than paying for separate other network plans, share your own packages. Seamless and affordable.
Zong Off-Net Power Packs
Zong Off-Net Power Packs bundle calling, SMS and mobile internet to use specifically on other networks.
Get an allotment of all services in one prepaid or postpaid package. Straightforward and convenient.
The right other network plan provides an affordable way to stay connected with friends and family on different Pakistani mobile networks. Evaluate your usage needs, compare provider rate plans in your area and choose the optimal calling, messaging and data bundles for your budget.
Connecting with people on different mobile networks in Pakistan through calling, texting and mobile internet doesn’t have to be expensive or complicated. By leveraging other network packages from leading providers like Ufone, Jazz, Telenor and Zong, you can save substantially compared to standard rates.
This guide has explored the top promotions and bundles offered by major carriers in 2023 specifically for contacting other networks affordably. We’ve looked at perks like:
- Discounted minute, SMS and data buckets for use on other networks
- Night and weekend deals with lower off-peak rates
- Unlimited calling periods to provide enhanced flexibility
- Prepaid bundles you can recharge as needed
- Postpaid plans with monthly allowances
- Mix and match addons to build custom packages
With the variety of choices available, selecting the right other network plan involves assessing factors like:
- Who you call or text most frequently on other networks
- Typical usage patterns and peak calling times
- Whether prepaid or postpaid fits your needs better
- Ideal bundle sizes for minutes, texts and mobile data
- Calling, messaging and internet usage behaviors
- Network coverage and reliability to other providers
Doing a personal usage analysis allows you to identify the perfect carrier and package based on calling habits, budget and lifestyle.
Some best practice tips covered for optimizing other network plans include:
- Monitoring usage through provider apps to avoid overages
- Setting up account alerts at 75%, 90% of allotments etc.
- Scheduling bundle renewals and reminders on calendars
- Shifting non-urgent usage to off-peak timings for deals
- Activating plans only as needed to control costs
- Having contacts on your own network you speak with often
- Using WiFi calling and messaging apps to conserve bundles
- Choosing package sizes that align closely with needs
The main goal is finding an affordable other network plan that fits your unique requirements without paying for excess or unnecessary services.
Evaluating the packages outlined for Ufone, Jazz, Telenor and Zong reveals:
- Ufone provides strong calling minute bundles to other networks
- Jazz allows unlimited other network talk time for part of each day
- Telenor offers a good selection of SMS text buckets
- Zong has budget-friendly daily deals for light users
Combine this with the tips provided on usage management, assessing your needs and leveraging carrier support teams. This gives you everything required to discover the perfect other network plan and package from major providers in Pakistan.
The bottom line is that communicating affordably on different mobile networks is achievable through the right bundles, habits and carrier selection. Use this guide as a reference to explore options, compare plans and make an informed decision. Choosing the other network package tailored to your unique preferences and constraints will provide the best deal.
With the amazing promotions and packages available in 2023, staying connected with friends and family across networks in Pakistan no longer has to be a financial burden. Affordable other network calling, messaging and internet is within reach. Now you’re equipped with the knowledge needed to start saving money and contacting the people who matter most regardless of which provider they use.