The entire world is facing a severe pandemic and in the face of that governments have decided to impose lockdowns and strict social distancing measures are being undertaken by everyone worldwide. In a climate like this, it can be incredibly challenging to undertake even the simplest of tasks, that is if even someone wants to undertake them.
The economic fallout because of the pandemic has also been huge mainly because the entire world has come to a standstill. Due to this, mass unemployment is taking place and the people are more at risk of falling below the poverty line, which risks their families’ well being as well. In order to combat this many governments have announced relief packages such as in Pakistan, the Ehsaas Program has been launched by the government of Pakistan to help the people.
Ufone Online Payment Facility
To facilitate the people and to avoid contact, many companies have launched alternatives such as shifting their businesses online where the transactions take place online and the item is delivered to your doorstep. In Pakistan, Ufone has been at the forefront when it comes to helping the people, firstly, they donated Rs. 100 Million to the COVID-19 relief fund set up by the government. Secondly, they have launched the facility to recharge credit and pay bills online.
The online facility to get credit and pay the bills, is really simple to use. The following steps need to be followed:
- Online payments facility by Ufone can be used for both recharging the credit and make payments for the users who are post-paid customers. In addition to this, the bills can be paid as well.
- Debit/Credit Cards powered by VISA or MasterCard cam be used to make the payments.
- No additional charges on payments.
- In order to avail this service, contact the card issuing bank.
Lets talk about the process of setting up the online payment service:
- On the first page, enter your name, mobile number and the amount of recharge, while keeping in mind the format.
- On the next page, enter your card details i.e. Card Number, Card Brand, the expiration date of the card and the 3 digit code at the back of your card.
- A confirmation message will be sent to let the user know about the successful transaction.